As you know, state tests are online and are called CMAS (Colorado Measures of Academic Success) which includes science, social studies, English Language Arts, and math. Students in grades 3-8, 10, and 11 will be participating in these state assessments. 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students will also be taking ASVAB, P/SAT and AP tests soon.
When creating the schedules for testing, we considered many factors, including the time required for testing, the classes missed while testing, and previous testing schedules that have been successful. Please mark your calendars with the dates below.
- ASVAB for 10th grade: March 26
- English Language Arts & math for grades 3-8: March 30-April 23
- Science for grades 5, 8, and 11: April 6-23
- Social studies for grades 4 and 7: April 6-23
- SAT for 11th grade (paper/pencil): April 14 7:30 a.m.
- PSAT10 for 10th grade (paper/pencil): April 15 7:30 a.m.
- PSAT9 for 9th grade (paper/pencil): April 16 7:30 a.m.
- AP testing for 10th-12th grade (paper/pencil): May 4-May 13
On these test days, we ask that students arrive at school early or on time. Help your children feel their best by making sure they go to bed early, eat a good breakfast and bring healthy lunches and snacks. Please do not schedule appointments for your child during these test days.
These test results are important to your student and Frontier Academy. The scores help us determine how much progress we have made and they affect our standing with the state of Colorado and District 6.
The Colorado Department of Education states that students may not have cell phones or smart watches in the testing room. Students need to leave devices at home or they will be collected during testing.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Budzynski at 970-339-9153 or Mrs. Willis at 970-330-1780.
With your help, spring testing will be great! Thank you for your support.