Welcome to Frontier Academy
A tuition-free charter school for grades K-12
Frontier Academy builds leadership in all students by:
- Developing good character
- Establishing a strong educational foundation
- Supporting diverse extracurricular activities
- Serving our entire community
You Have a Choice in Education.
What Makes Frontier Academy Unique?
Frontier Academy is markedly different from other Greeley schools in several ways, including the following:
- Core Knowledge Curriculum - The overall academic atmosphere stresses personal excellence, citizenship, and a desire to achieve.
- The Dress Code - Frontier believes a dress code helps students focus on learning instead of worrying about the latest fashion trends. The dress code is strictly enforced, although there are variations in each school.
- The Environment - Frontier strives to maintain an atmosphere of integrity and respect from all members of our community. We use the Core Virtues program to highlight a different virtue each month and students and faculty alike are expected to be respectful and honest at all times.
- Our Volunteers - Frontier families are expected to give four hours each month to the school and many families give much more. Parents can volunteer in a wide range of areas, including the classroom, during special projects or even working at home (see Volunteer Information insert).
- The Leadership Network - As a charter school, Frontier is responsible for determining its own path and accountability. The Administration works closely with the Executive Committee and the two O.P.T. boards (Organization of Parents and Teachers). The eleven-member Executive Committee has a wide range of responsibilities, including staffing, setting and monitoring the budget, facilities upkeep and long-range planning. A newsletter and web site enhance communication between the school & our families.
Colorado Charter Public Schools (2017-18):
Colorado Non-Charter Schools (2017-18):